MAZES & MINOTAURS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

M&M Module Art Request

+2
hoplitenomad
Admin
6 posters

Go down

M&M Module Art Request Empty M&M Module Art Request

Post  Admin Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:34 am

Hello everybody !

I'm currently working on the editorial / layout phase of "Tomb of the Bull King", a 150+ page mega-adventure for M&M, written by our Spanish friend Carlos de la Cruz Morales... and I hope to be able to release it (free, as usual Very Happy ) in a few weeks or in early September at the latest. "Tomb..." is a very tough, high-level scenario - I kinda see it as M&M's own "Temple of Elemental Evil"... Carlos has done a tremendous job on this and I really look forward to releasing the module... but I'm a bit short on copyright-free art here, especially since adventures tend to require more specific artwork than supplements or webzine articles.

So I'm launching a great call for artistic support to all you M&M fans out there : I need contributions ! B&W art that I can use freely to illustrate this great forthcoming scenario.

If you are interested, say it HERE and I'll post a more specific list of what creatures etc would be especially welcome.

Shield Wall !

Admin
Admin

https://minotaurians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

M&M Module Art Request Empty Art

Post  hoplitenomad Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:04 pm

Hello I was going to post this in the inspiration section but maybe it could go here.

This link is to one section but if you go to the panel on the left select ancients then Greeks and that will open a slew of ancient Greek images.

http://karenswhimsy.com/ancient-greek-soldiers.shtm#

hoplitenomad

Back to top Go down

M&M Module Art Request Empty Re: M&M Module Art Request

Post  gebeji Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:11 pm

Well, i might be interested in helping you out, been a while since i drew though Wink

gebeji

Back to top Go down

Post  ghoyle1 Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:38 pm

I'd be willing to give it a shot. I have a bunch of Greek stuff for Poser (the 3d art program), if that wouldn't look too out of place.

Guy

ghoyle1

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:20 pm

OK, so what I really, really need is illustrations of CREATURES.

Sure, I could use the illustrations I already used in the Creature Compendium (and I probably will in some cases, just because this beastie is gonna be 150+ pages thick) but it's always great to have specific, new art for such things...

... of course, if some of you actually feel like drawing whole scenes showing M&M adventurers fighting with such creatures etc... well, you're more than welcome, but anything will do really.

Among the creatures I especially need are :

Beastmen & other humanoids : Lycans, Troglodytes, Tragos, Wildmen, Ogres, Ratlings, Boarmen...

(If you need to refresh about what they look like, just take a look at their entry in the Creature Compendium).

Monsters : Harpies (M&M harpies, ie bat-winged, fanged humanoids like in Jason & the Argonauts, not bird-women). I'd also specifically need two dragons : a winged red one and a wingless, fire-breathing black one (BTW I only need B&W art, so "red" is just another shade of grey).

Undead : Empusa, Ghosts...

I'll probably need other creatures, too (these are just for starters Smile

I might also need portraits of some key NPCs but I'll have to consult Carlos first for this.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  gebeji Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:23 pm

OK, i'll do a couple of them as soon as i have some free time and send it so you can tell me if they suit you Wink

Gebeji

gebeji

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:28 am

Great !

On a more specific side of things, we might also need individual illustrations for three magician NPCs who have a prominent role in the module. I have OK-ish illos for two of them (but would have nothing against having better art for them) but absolutely nothing for the third one (magician n°3 in the list below).

Magician n°1 : Bearded, aged 50s-early 60s, wearing a toga, with the obsessed expression of the seeker of knowledge/power.

Magician n°2 : Looks much like the former (they are related) but older - a typical, white-bearded, good "white mage", wearing white robes (possibly with a staff or cane) and with a kind, benevolent look.

Magician n°3 : Imagine a guy in a black toga, with a dark staff in one hand and... wearing a theatrical greek mask that conceals his face, with an expression of domineering authority.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:28 pm

So, here is a complete list of the B&W interior artwork I'd like to have for the "Bull King" scenario. Artistic contributions welcome ! Of course, I realize I won't get all of this - but the more the better !

Warning : Some of the descriptions given below may be considered as SPOILERS.

CREATURES & CHARACTERS
(see the Creature Compendium for the description of generic creatures)

A grizzled Wildman chief
Skeletons carrying stuff (amphorae, chests etc)
Spiders
A hooded woman with a mean-looking knife - the hood would entirely hide her face (sinister aura etc) - it is supposed to be a very evil spirit.
An evil-looking black spider.
A tree-like humanoid with tentacle-like appendages (something between an Evil Ent and the AD&D Roper)
One or several Shadows
One or several Empusas (think Dracula's Brides !)
A Cacodemon
A two-headed giant snake
A black, shadowy serpent
One or several Lycans
One or several Tragos
A two-headed Tragos
One or several Ratlings
A Stone Titan (unarmed or with a big hammer)
One or several Ogres
An ethereal, white serpent
A wingless, fire-breathing black dragon
A noble-looking Amazon with an Athena-like helmet and the Labrys (see below)
An old but strong-looking king (Sean Connery-like ?) dressed in black, with a black sceptre and flaming orbs instead of eyes.
A noble-looking Queen
A ghostly entity that seems to be made of multiple (female) ghosts - a sort of gestalt, if you wish.

SCENES

A fairly "horizontal" scene (for layout purposes) showing adventurers battling various Beastmen - say, Tragos and Boarmen, for instance. This illustration would illustrate the concept of "body count".

ITEMS

A Labrys (double-edged axe)
A Rod of Lightning

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:22 am

Here is an updated list of the artwork which might still be needed for the module - the missing elements correspond to those already done (or in the process of being completed) by our friend Gebeji.

CREATURES & CHARACTERS
(see the Creature Compendium for the description of generic creatures)

A grizzled Wildman chief
Spiders
A hooded woman with a mean-looking knife - the hood would entirely hide her face (sinister aura etc) - it is supposed to be a very evil spirit.
An evil-looking black spider.
One or several Shadows
One or several Empusas (think Dracula's Brides !)
A Cacodemon
A two-headed giant snake
A black, shadowy serpent
One or several Lycans
A two-headed Tragos
One or several Ratlings
One or several Ogres
A noble-looking Queen
A ghostly entity that seems to be made of multiple (female) ghosts - a sort of gestalt, if you wish.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  gebeji Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:35 pm

Didn't i do the evil black spider and a ratling, or do you need some more Wink

Gebeji

gebeji

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:47 am

gebeji wrote:Didn't i do the evil black spider and a ratling, or do you need some more Wink

Gebeji

Ooops... yes you did them already... but I guess we could use extra ones, since these vermins proliferate in the damn Tomb... Wink

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:54 am

Since at least two of you (Gebeji and Canadian Pitbull) are working on the remaining illustrations, perhaps it would be a good idea to use this board to sort out who want to do what - to avoid having you working on the same concept etc.

Here is the updated list of what we still need :

A grizzled Wildman chief

One or several Shadows

One or several Empusas (think Dracula's Brides in the Coppola movie !)

A Cacodemon

A two-headed giant snake

A black, shadowy serpent

One or several Lycans

One or several Tragos (I've already got several of them but the more the better Smile)

A two-headed Tragos

One or several Ratlings (same as for Tragos)

One or several Ogres

A noble-looking Queen

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  JM Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:45 am

Count me as a would be contributer as well ...
I'll take whatever no one else wants from the list.
I love a challenge.

Twisted Evil

JM.

JM

Back to top Go down

Post  CanadianPittbull Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:21 pm

Well I am pretty much up for doing anything. I just look at the list and I start to work on something. Since this was Gebeji's project first I guess he can grab what ones he really wants to do and I will just pick and choose from what is left. Then JM and I can split up the rest.

CanadianPittbull

Back to top Go down

Post  gebeji Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:49 pm

That's okay guys, since i already made quite a few, you can pick and choose as you like, i'll take whatever is left after i've finished the one i'm currently doing Wink

Gebeji

gebeji

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:46 am

So I've taken a new look at the module manuscript and made a definitive list of the artwork we still need.

Here it is. Entries which are followed by a * means the illustration will need to be consistent with another existing illustration or will require some additional info (ie a more detailed description of the creature etc) - in both cases, simply contact me here or by e-mail if you wish to work on one of those star-marked illustrations so that we can see exactly what's needed.

- A grizzled Wildman chief

- Half-undead priests *

- A two-headed serpent

- The face of a Minotaur *

- A jet-black serpent

- A ghostly white, ethereal serpent

- A weird Lizardian *

- One or several Ratlings

- A fight scene with adventurers and Ratlings (these vermins are everywhere)

- The ghost of a Tragos *

- Crawling vines *

- An old, terrifying Hag *

- A black, wingless, fire-breathing dragon

- A vision of Elysium *

- A majestic Queen *

- An Egregor (a gestalt-ghost made of several ghosts melded together) *

- An Empusa (think one of Dracula's brides in Coppola's version)

- One or several Iron Warriors (walking Hoplite statues, essentially)

- One or several Lycans

- One or several Ogres

- One or several Tragos

- Special "Gorgon Doors" *

- A magical battle between several magicians *

- A battle between various Beastmen *

Of course, this is an ideal list - I doubt we will be able to gather ALL these illustrations, especially since I'd like to release the scenario before the end of the year. bounce

Let's set a deadline for art at the end of the current month (November). Once this deadline is met, I'll simply have to rework the layout of the file to make some of the blank spots (corresponding to missing illustrations) disappear.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  gebeji Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:54 pm

Ouch, end of the month Shocked right Rolling Eyes

Can you at least "bolden" those you really, really would want. It would be easier than to choose at random, because right now, since i'm trying out my hands at a battle scene Wink, i would be tempted to take on : A fight scene with adventurers and Ratlings (these vermins are everywhere), A magical battle between several magicians *, A battle between various Beastmen *, Special "Gorgon Doors" * and The face of a Minotaur *

Of course if either CanadianPitbull or JM wants to get a shot at these, that's fine by me too Cool

Gebeji

gebeji

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:59 am

gebeji wrote:Ouch, end of the month Shocked right Rolling Eyes

Can you at least "bolden" those you really, really would want. It would be easier than to choose at random, because right now, since i'm trying out my hands at a battle scene Wink, i would be tempted to take on : A fight scene with adventurers and Ratlings (these vermins are everywhere), A magical battle between several magicians *, A battle between various Beastmen *, Special "Gorgon Doors" * and The face of a Minotaur *

Of course if either CanadianPitbull or JM wants to get a shot at these, that's fine by me too Cool

Gebeji

Everything you (or our two outher artist Minotaurians) will do will be OK, really. Let's say you DO select the five illos mentioned above - I'll send you the specifics by Private Message ASAP. Very Happy

As for the delay, we'll simply see what we've got at the end of the month and finalize the module with it - so no sweat. Even if each of you only has time to do one more illo, it will be great ! For practical reasons, I just need to trace a line and say "no submissions past this date" if we want to see this thing released before 2009.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  CanadianPittbull Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:09 am

Yikes! Sorry about that and getting submissions in. I have been tied up with some other stuff and just could not get around to getting more work done on this. I will however continue to come up with some artwork and add it to my photo section on the yahoo group that can be used if need be for other projects. Again I apologize for not getting more done.

CanadianPittbull

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:07 pm

CanadianPittbull wrote:Yikes! Sorry about that and getting submissions in. I have been tied up with some other stuff and just could not get around to getting more work done on this. I will however continue to come up with some artwork and add it to my photo section on the yahoo group that can be used if need be for other projects. Again I apologize for not getting more done.

No problem ! Your giant spider found its way into the Tomb... and I'm always looking for quality artwork to use in the M&M webzine.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum